Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Someday!!












"Someday" I am posting this picture for the Mom's!

When my girls were small, I remember tucking them in at night and then suddenly it would hit me. The house is a mess! I was exhausted but my OCD would kick in. I had to have everything perfect before morning.
Bob would ask "Is there an inspection?" No, but I had to go to work and it must be done tonight. This is why Natalie still gets nauseous when she hears the vacuum. I remember Bob telling me remember "someday" you will wish you could clean up toys and cookie crumbs" I would think alot about his comment during those moments and wonder could this be true?

I thought that I figured out what he meant when the girls were a little older. I lie sick in bed with stage 4 cancer, wishing that I could get up and do anything. I secretly like physical work, it relieves stress and gives me satisfaction. I wondered if I would ever be able to do anything with them or for them again. I was grateful when I was able to have those" somedays" again.
Now, they are grown they have their own family, but once in awhile I get to have those "somedays"again.

I was so grateful to be able to wash the linen and to have one of those moments in January. Nat, and Ty came for Christmas and what a wonderful thing it was to have them in our home. I tried really hard not to vacuum late at night during their visit.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh Mom...I wish you were here to vacuum right now! It's funny, I just always knew I was going to be in trouble because I didn't clean something up. Why don't you hurry up and come visit so I can clean up after you? I miss you. xoxo

Tiff Rueckert said...

I'm so glad I can still give you daily opportunities to clean up after me...or atleast my offspring! Last night as I was rushing around before YW, trying to clean up and get the kids bathed Chris kept saying "Oh my gosh, let's panic...this is so stressful!" I wanted to slap him...but when I came home and he'd vacummed I remembered how lucky I am!

Danielle said...

I remember seeing you vacuum Di with this wonderful Dyson of my dreams! And I thought why is it always wives who should vacuum? Then I read that Chris vacuumed, how nice! Take good care Di, lots of love xoxoxoxox